PrekindergartenOnline Pre Registration
Opens July 6
Parents of children turning 4 by or on Sept. 1, 2020, have their first opportunity to enroll their students
in Pre-Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year on Monday, July 6.
Online pre-registration for PreKindergarten opens Monday, July 6. After pre-registering, qualifying families complete enrollment at Pre-K Registration.
Prekindergarten Registration Days
We will begin accepting student and residency documentation to finalize registration at the following dates and locations:
• Tuesday, July 21 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Bluebonnet Elementary School
1010 Chisholm Valley Dr, Round Rock, TX 78681
• Wednesday, July 22 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Gattis Elementary School
2920 Round Rock Ranch Blvd, Round Rock, TX 78665
Please allow up to two hours for the registration process.
What to Bring to Complete Enrollment
Begin by pre-registering online. At the campus parents or guardians of new students should present the following items for their child at the time of enrollment:
- Birth certificate [To obtain a copy of a birth certificate, see below]
- Immunizations record [immunization requirements]
- Proof of income [two most recent pay stubs]
- Proof of residence in the school district [such as, lease agreement, if renting, contract of sale or a tax statement, if purchasing]
- Current utility bill indicating the address and the adult’s name
- Social Security card, if available
*If you are a family who has experienced a loss of housing or are in an unstable housing situation, you may be eligible to enroll immediately and be given an extension to gather all required documents. Visit our Families in Transition page for further information.
Receive updates on Pre-K Registration.
Full Day Prekindergarten
7:40 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
- Anderson Mill – Dual Language – Title I
- Berkman – Dual Language – Title I
- Bluebonnet – Dual Language – Title I
- Brushy Creek
- Caldwell Heights – Dual Language – Title I
- Callison – Dual Language – Title I
- Double File Trail – Title I
- Fern Bluff – ESL
- Forest North – Title I
- Gattis – Dual Language – Title I
Round Rock ISD PreKindergarten offers:
Our Pre K teachers nurture each child’s unique talents and abilities to ensure they feel encouraged and supported.
Pre K students enjoy creative enrichment like wellness or PE, music, art, technology, and library, known as “specials.”
Positive and Supportive Environment
Round Rock ISD provides a positive environment for early learners to thrive academically, socially, and emotionally.
Round Rock ISD offers a prekindergarten program for children who are four years old on or before September 1, live in the district, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- is limited in the ability to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
- is eligible for free or reduced lunch based on the family’s income; or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a ; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
A child who is eligible for enrollment under item 4 or 5 above remains eligible if the child’s parent leaves the armed forces, or is no longer on active duty, after the child begins prekindergarten.
NOTE: Round Rock ISD does not offer tuition based prekindergarten program. The current program is for students who meet the criteria for entry established by the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
The Round Rock ISD Prekindergarten Curriculum is based on the Texas Education Agency’s Prekindergarten Guidelines and the Aligned Round Rock Curriculum.
Areas included are:
Oral language, alphabet recognition, and phonological awareness (awareness of language sounds) are emphasized in prekindergarten. Children learn to interact with others and monitor their own behavior. Expressing themselves through words, art, and music is also part of the curriculum. Children develop observation and thinking skills through math, science, and social studies. Computers are introduced as tools for learning.
Prekindergarten can be one of a child’s most exciting years in school. Four-year-olds are naturally curious and eager to learn. Students in prekindergarten leave the Round Rock ISD program with the skills they need to be successful in kindergarten and establish a love for learning.
Follow Prekindergarten on Pinterest