Supporting, Teaching, And Reaching Students
- Only 30 minutes a week during the school year
- Free training and certification
- Coach, share and encourage a child
- Mentee is matched to your strengths
- Unlock your own potential
Mentors serve an integral role in Round Rock ISD by serving our students’ social and emotional needs. Thank you for donating your time and energy to ensure our students have a positive and encouraging influence in their lives. Dr. Steve Flores
S.T.A.R.S. Supporting, Teaching and Reaching Students is a school-based program for students who would benefit from the positive influence a mentor can bring to their life.
Mentoring a child is a way for community members and businesses to volunteer. When you volunteer as a mentor you not only discover new things about yourself but you provide a friendship to a child who needs and wants the positive influence.
- 53% of students credit mentors with improving their ability to avoid drugs
- 59% of mentored teens get better grades
- Mentoring improves a mentee’s self-esteem
- Mentees want positive social attitudes and relationships
On location training is available. For groups of six or more participants, the one hour training can be performed at your location. E-mail Dawn Steele to request date and time. If you are a returning Mentor and need to complete your annual Volunteer Application.